Battle Number 2 in the Pia/Tessa Kissing Wars. If you recall from our previous battle commentary, we don’t believe in fights here. We have….Kissing Wars!
The rules are simple, yet change depending on mood and the time of day. Today’s rules are:
1. I, Pia the aggressor, dare you, Tessa, to touch my lips with anything other than your own lips. If you can, you get a point.
2. I get a point just for instigating this war because I insist.
3. Smacky paws are allowed.
4. If you touch me anywhere but my lips and I can kiss you back immediately, our points cancel each other out.
5. Use of hind feet is strictly prohibited and the battle ends.
6. If you complain that the math doesn’t add up, I win automatically.
7. In the end, we kiss, discuss strategy and everyone wins. Ready to play? Here we go!
Pia sizes up her opponent. Surely, she’s taken into consideration the elevated playing field and size restriction? This ought to be interesting.
With a glare, the challenge is issued and accepted. Tessa leans back, looking to increase her range, giving Pia space to prepare paws. Per Pia’s rules, she begins with a point for instigating the war. Score: Pia – One, Tessa – Nothing.
First contact! That didn’t take long! Pia looks confident this battle will go to her even as Tessa, with ears back, seemed prepared for the tap.
Tessa answers with a playful reach….
…that turns into anything but playful! Ears are back in full battle position and lip contact is made. Score: Pia – One, Tessa – One.
But hold the phone! Pia dives in and plants a smooch right on Tessa’s lips. Gotcha! Good play, Pia! But per today’s rules, these points cancel each other out. The score is still: Pia – One, Tessa – Zip.
Tessa: No fair! You wouldn’t have won if you hadn’t come up with that silly instigator rule! I ought to push you right out of this tower bed.
Pia: Wait! You used your back foot! And if you had thought of the instigator rule first, you would have used it to your advantage. But you’re right. It was a silly rule. Let’s call this war a draw…until next time. Still friends?
Flash to just a little bit later:
Tessa: Yes, little sister. Friends forever!